Center Program Director – Early Childhood Education
Description: Mile High Early Learning is seeking an Early Learning Center Director for two (Westwood and Lowry neighborhoods) of our seven licensed centers in the Denver Metro area. The Center Director is responsible for providing instructional and operational leadership for a team of approximately 25 early childhood education staff and 150 children and families. The Center Director ensures that the center maintains a high-quality child development program and sustains a positive, safe and healthy center environment where children, parents and staff thrive.
Responsibilities for the Center Director include:
- Maintain compliance with CO Child Care licensing, the Department of Health, Head Start, Early Head Start and CACFP regulations
- Provide direction and leadership to center staff to maintain quality programming
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding of new staff
- Support teachers in planning and implementing the curricular approach to learning according to developmentally appropriate and individual childrens development
- Evaluate teaching staff through the use of assessment results, ratings and other sources of data collected to measure effective work with children
- Monitor expenses and control inventory within budgetary allowances
- Supervise and provide leadership for the Assistant Director and teaching staff
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Encourage and support parent engagement
- Work closely with team members to create and deliver parent engagement events
- Work as a team with family services and education staff throughout the program
. Requirements: Desired Skills for the Center Director:
- Effective communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, and written)
- Ability to manage conflict
- Passionate about early childhood education
- Working knowledge of Head Start Program Performance Standards and CO Child Care licensing standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Required and preferred qualifications for the Center Director:
- BA/BS in Early Childhood Education or a directly related field
- CDHS Center Director Certificate or a Level 4 Professional Credential 2.0
- Minimum two years experience in a supervisory position in an early childhood setting
- Compliance with other regulatory requirements as applicable
- Pass CBI & FBI background check, post-employment medical examination and drug screen
- Flexibility to work an alternating schedule that will include opening (7am) and closing (6pm) center hours and occasional evenings and weekends
Mile High Early Learning is a premier provider of early care and education for children 6 weeks to five years focused on growing great young minds and preparing them for kindergarten and the world using a Montessori inspired curricular approach. MHEL provides both Head Start and Early Head Start program services.
Consider joining a early learning organization that is as focused on growing great early childhood professionals as we are on providing a high quality educational experience for our students. Mile High Early Learning invests in our staff with on-going professional development including college courses, certifications, conferences and workshops. We regularly bring national experts to Denver to provide our staff with current and relevant learning opportunities not available elsewhere. Our Professional Learning Center programs include semi-annual CDA trainings and our Early Learning Leadership Residency program in collaboration with the University of Colorado at Denver.
Mile High Early Learning Offers:
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- 4+ weeks of paid time off
- Employee discount for child care
- Health insurance (under $145/mth)
- Dental insurance (no cost for employee)
- Short term, Long term, and Life Insurance (no cost)
- Flexible spending for Health & Dependent Care expenses
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Mile High Early Learning is a drug-free work place and we perform pre-employment drug screenings.